Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 Things

So the way this goes is if you get tagged you list 25 random things about yourself that people are not likely to know, then you tag 25 friends including the person who tagged you and they are supposed to make their own lists. Kind of like a chain letter, except no bad juju for not continuing the chain. This is my list:

1. I am not that into music. I don't have an ipod, and I don't plan to get one. I blame my apathy on the fact that in high school (formative music years) all my cars either had non-working radios, or radios that changed the channel when you turned the corner. It was just easier to have silence. I do enjoy music, I just don't have to have it playing all the time.

2. I love to cook, but I hate raw meat. Especially raw pork. I don't mind ground hamburger, but maybe that's because it doesn't look much like meat.

3. I have never gotten a ticket. I was pulled over once for speeding, but I was let off with a warning. That's it. Nothing else, not even a parking ticket.

4. I taught myself how to knit.

5. I love sleeping. I think napping should be made a social custom like siestas are in other countries.

6. I want to learn another language fluently.

7. I want to learn to play the piano, but I don't actually own a piano.

8. When I was 8 I wanted to be a nurse, untill I checked a book out from the library about surgery. That changed my mind pretty quick!

9. I wear a size 4 ring.

10. I could (and do) spend hours reading. I get so immersed in books that I can totally block out whatever is going on around me. My husband finds this both amusing and irritating.

11. I grew my hair out to my waist on a bet with my husband. Then I cut it off and donated it to Wigs For Kids.

12. I kill plants, but I love them. I cannot keep a house plant alive, no matter how hard I try. There is one plant in our house that is almost a year old, but my husband takes care of it by himself. I am not allowed to touch it.

13. I like artificial banana flavoring better than real bananas.

14. I love the smell of Almond Extract.

15. I love Old Hollywood. I mean really Old Hollywood. As in Silent Era or shortly after. My favorite actress is Norma Shearer, she retired in 1940.

16. My favorite gemstone is Opal. I also like pearls. I don't like diamonds that much, I think they're kind of boring.

17. I want to wear my hair in a 1920's finger wave. I would do it too, if I could afford to go to the salon to have it set every week.

18. I would wear a hat and gloves in public. If I had a hat and gloves, and the clothes that went along with it.

19. It kind of bothers me when my purse doesn't match my shoes.

20. I love shopping at Thrift Stores and Second Hand Shops, I feel like I'm on a treasure hunt.

21. I think horoscopes are fun, but I don't believe in them. I am a Libra and a Monkey, among other things.

22. I love living near the mountains, I actually get kind of anxious if I am too far away from them.

23. I love it when it is raining, but I hate it when it is overcast without raining.

24. I would rather have a too cold winter than a too hot summer.

25. I love sending and receiving real (snail) mail. I always try to write thank you cards, but they are usually very late.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Almond extract is the BEST!! I put a splash in all of my buttercream, it's uh-mazing!

Oh, and #17...go to Youtube and type in the hairstyle. I bet you can find TONS of tutorials on how to set your own finger waves! I know it has something to do with those metal alligator clips (if that's what they're called??).

Heather said...

I've found tutorials, I'm just no good at that kind of thing! It would turn out looking sstupid if I did it myself!