Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Easy Corn Shucking

Today was slightly better weather wise, we had some moments of sunshine. Overall still kind of dreary.

We didn't go anywhere or do anything special, but we had corn on the cob with lunch.

This might not seem like a big deal, but I really love corn on the cob. I'm slightly allergic to the corn silk (nasal allergy not food allergy) and so I hated buying the fresh husks and trying to shuck them through a runny nose. Frozen pre-packaged stuff just isn't the same. As much as I love corn on the cob we just never had it very often.

Well, break out the floss because last year I learned a new way of preparing it. Thanks to the magic of Pinterest, I learned that you can microwave the corn in the husk. Then you take it out, slice off the end, and shake the corn out. We have corn on the cob so much more often now! Especially when the fresh stuff comes out at the Farmer's Market.

The corn stays crisp and there is very little mess. Plus, it's a really cute older guy doing the demonstration.

Without further ado, here is the video of Ken teaching you how to shuck corn. (He uses gloves, I just use two dishtowels.)


The video is courtesy martincraid4 on YouTube.

No comments: