Pages

Friday, September 5, 2014

Sparks Fizzle Nails

I've been trying to get this manicure done for two weeks! Every time I get the base on I end up doing something that ruins it. That's the life of a mom!




The base color is Wet 'N' Wild FastDry in Silvivor. I like this polish a lot. it goes on nice and thick. Since I was putting a glitter over top, I just did one coat over my normal base coat.

The glitter is called Sparks Fly by Pure Ice.

It should be called Fizzled Out.

In the bottle it looks so much more interesting. A clear base full of tiny blue glitter with copper circles and large silver stars.



Unfortunately, no matter how much I shook it up I couldn't get the glitter to distribute at all.

I managed to get one star on my thumb.



I guess I should have expected this from a polish that only cost a dollar, but I was really hoping for more. The blue sparkle is kind of pretty, but the lighter glitters just fade away in the light base. I thought about trying again over a dark polish, but I don't think there's enough of the light glitter to make it worth it. I might give it a shot over a bright red, but I'm not sure.

I didn't bother to add a top coat. I'll probably be removing this tonight and doing something new.

No comments: