Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012!!

Happy New Year everybody!  I hope you all had lots of fun last night!  I stayed up with my two oldest kids watching Netflix and playing on my laptop.  I just happened to notice that it said 12:00 on my computer and just sort of told the kids, "Hey guys, it's Midnight.  Happy New Year."  They were a little disappointed that we didn't watch the ball drop, so I guess I'll have to tune into that next year.

I don't make New Year Resolutions.  I know myself well enough to know that I won't keep them.  I have enough problems with guilt, I don't need to add to it.  I'm also not superstitious about the New Year.  I like traditions about starting things fresh, so I do try to start the year off with a clean house.  I just don't think it feels like a new year.  I prefer Chinese New Year.  At least that happens closer to Spring.  Then it really feels like things are starting over.  Right now everything in Nature is still hibernating.  There isn't anything fresh.  Nothing feels new.  I like to celebrate New Year traditions near Easter.  That's when I really feel like shaking off the old and welcoming the new. Especially since I've been living here in Northern Utah.  By Easter things are (usually) starting to bud and the weather is warming up.  Watching the world wake up and come back to life is a great motivation for me.  Midwinter just makes me want to curl up with a book and a cup of peppermint tea.  Winter makes me feel like hibernation is really the best idea, I'm not exactly motivated toward action.

So there it is.  Today is basically a regular day.  Eric let me sleep in really late and I've been spending the rest of the day working on some housework.  We skipped church since Eric is still fighting this stomach bug that won't let go and everybody else was up so late.  Pretty boring.

I do have a goal for 2012.  Not a resolution, just a goal.  I want to be better about updating my blog than I had been in 2011.  I really got started posting regularly around my birthday in October, so this isn't a recent goal.

Dressember really helped me.  I had to not only get dressed up but part of the challenge was to post your outfit on your blog every day.  Now that Dressember is over I'm looking for more blog challenges like that.  If anybody has any ideas I'd love to hear them.

I'm not just doing this blog to entertain my few readers.  If I am entertaining then it's a bonus.  Writing in this blog is a lot like journaling for me.  I can post how I'm feeling and what I'm doing and learn some things about myself.  When I keep up with my blog I seem to do a lot better emotionally.  My meds can only do so much to help with my depression.  Any other tools I can keep in my arsenal really make the war easier to fight.

Speaking of which, if you happen to notice that I haven't posted in a while that's probably a sign that I'm having a hard time.  Dropping me a little note would go a long way to help.  When I get depressed it's hard for me to ask for help.  Sometimes I don't even realize how bad things are getting until I'm already buried.  Having a little wake-up call can help me stop digging myself into a hole while I'm still able to climb out.

Wow, got a little dark there didn't it!  Sorry about that.  I hope I didn't kill your New Year's 'buzz'.  I really do wish all of you a stupendous 2012! If there is anything I can do to help you with your resolutions, just let me know.  I am a great listener and I love to motivate people!

No comments: