Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

Pubbies!!



No really. I do. All the time. I frequently interrupt myself to point out a dog. I have been known to pull my car over just so I can stop some poor, innocent person who is out walking their dog.

The last dog I pulled over to meet was an adorable gray poodle named Velvet Blue. She is a certified therapy dog, so I guess she's used to crazy people. She was a doll and put up with my baby talk and cooing with great poise.

Yes, I am one of those people. I remember the name of a person's dog and forget the name of that person. I have friends on Facebook who I only know because I fell in love with their dog. I started a Facebook group for the local dog park. I make playdates for my dogs with strangers. I go to PetSmart or Petco with the flimsiest excuses just in the hopes that I might meet more dogs.

I have a few breeds that I love more than others, but that just means I'm more likely to gush over that dog and spend more time asking questions to the owner. If it's remotely canine and on a leash I will ask to pet it. (Of course I always ask first. I have no problem standing back and baby talking to a dog that the owner doesn't want petted.)



Note: The art for this post came from the tumblr Nation of Amanda. This is the link for her store. 

No comments: