Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Rainy Day

It's a little rainy today.  It's actually pretty warm outside.  Somewhere in the 40s, I think.  It feels more like Spring than Winter.

Just take a look at that sky:


Isn't it gorgeous?  It's been awhile since I've been able to use the grey yarn in my Sky Scarf.  Today I can!  Is it totally sad that I get so excited over such mundane things?  Oh well, I prefer to see it as finding the Joy in Everyday Life.  Yeah, that sounds much more normal.

Today's outfit is a subtle homage to the 90s.  The sweater was a Christmas present from Eric our first Christmas together, 1998.  The hiking boots with a skirt was a pretty big trend in the 90s.  Especially the early 90s.  A trend which I embraced fully.  Is it sad that I actually miss the Grunge?  Probably.  I still listen to my music from then.  I ripped the CDs to MP3 years ago.  I kept the CDs though.  Someday I hope to introduce my grandchildren to the awesomeness that is Green Day's Dookie on "original" CD.

Sweater: Tag says Crystal-Kobe
Polo: No Boundaries from Wal-Mart
Skirt: Issac Mizrahi from Target
Socks: Hanes
Boots: Alpine Design from Sports Authority
Necklace: Made by my Elizabeth

No comments: