Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

"Pool Honeys!"

Yesterday we make my nephew's dream come true and took the kids to "The Sandlot Pool".



In reality, we went to Lorin Farr Pool which is right in my neighborhood. It is the pool they used during the filming of the movie, but it's changed a little since then.



There used to be a couple of giant slides called Rampage. You went down them on a raft and they had rollers. It was dangerous. I heard horror stories.

Now they've put in three twisty water slides. Much safer, and lots of fun. The three youngest couldn't go down the slides, but they had a blast anyway.



This was one of those times when I'm glad I don't have more kids. Keeping my eye on all three of my kids was stressful.

I did have lots of fun, I went down the slides and soaked in the water.

My kids and I got burnt. Toasted. I swear I smothered us in sunscreen! We're just soooo freakin' pale!  Well, not any more.... Now we're pink!

We had tons of fun though, so I guess we earned the burn!

Video courtesy 71WinterWolf on YouTube.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I always double up on sunscreen. I spray it on, let it set for 30 minutes, then reapply. Then I have to reapply about every hour after that for however long I'm in the sun. Being pale is awesome and sucky all at the same time. Lol!