Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Favorites Friday: Vintage Gloves


I don't know why women stopped wearing gloves. I think they are so classy. Not only do they look amazing, but they are quite useful too.

Gloves protect your hands from damaging sunlight, and they keep your hands clean. Imagine all the gross surfaces you touch all day long. I know I often forget to wash my hands before I eat, especially when I sit down at a restaurant.Wearing gloves protects from all that.

I actually have a few pairs that I'm going to start wearing more often. Who knows, maybe I'll start a trend!

It is really hard to find dressy gloves in stores. Sometimes, especially around Easter, I can find gloves for little girls. Those are great for my daughter, but I want some for me! Bridal gloves are easy to find, but they're always that stretchy nylon stuff and they're always white.

I actually broke down and bought some costume gloves from a marching band website. They were less than spectacular.

Luckily for me, Etsy has a great selection of vintage gloves for really reasonable prices. I just ordered a new pair for myself and I have a whole bunch in my favorites that I want to get.

Here are quite a few for you to drool over:





































No comments: