Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Pink and Silver Polka Dot Nails

I bought a super cheap set of dotting tools on Amazon and I've been playing around with them and finally had something that turned out halfway decent.



Standard base coat with Opi Natural Nail Strengthener. The pink is three coats of Wet 'N' Wild Wild Shine 402 Tickled Pink. I did the dots alone ahead of time (I still can't do much with my left hand) and then added them on top of the pink. The silver dotting is Sally Hansen Hard As Nails 850 Pumping Iron. Followed up with at coat of Opi Top Coat. 

With all this nail art I'm doing I'm really learning that you get what you pay for when it comes to nail polish. Unless the cheaper brands have a color that I just adore, I'm better off going with a higher price point. When it only takes one coat of polish instead of coat after coat, I'm really saving money. Using the cheap stuff is okay for nail art, but really not good for covering my whole nail.

In other nail art related news, I've been trying and trying to do a Hogwarts style look. I must be under some kind of jinx! I've tried three times and every time it turns out terribly! I'm not giving up though! This will happen!! 

No comments: