Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

More Royal Stalking

I'm trying not to jinx it, but on September 10, 2015 Queen Elizabeth II will match Queen Victoria as the longest reigning British monarch. Then she'll beat the record.



Her Majesty is fighting fit, and just had her 88th birthday. She's already outlived Queen Victoria, who died at 81. The Queen Mother lived to 102! I think it's safe to say that we've got many more years of this new Elizabethan Era to look forward to.

This is one of my favorite pictures of the Queen. She's giggling at Prince Philip in his uniform!


The Queen has begun delegating more and more responsibilities to her children and isn't taking any more long trips. I'd say she's earned it. She still works awfully hard, not just for a lady who is twenty years past retirement age, but for anyone!

Part of that delegating was sending Prince William and Duchess Catherine to New Zealand and Australia. I was really looking forward to seeing and reading about this trip. Mostly I was excited because Prince George would be in the spotlight and I'm super curious about him.

The little cutie completely stole the show!!

If you remember my last post about the Royals you'll note that I was on the fence in my opinions on the Duchess. This trip has completely changed my mind. The Duchess of Cambridge totally won me over.



The three week trip had a grueling schedule of visits and appearances. The Duke and Duchess were magnificent. Especially the Duchess. She looked beautiful in every single picture, she chatted with everyone, she accepted gifts with gratitude, she hugged children and puppies, basically she was amazing.



After following the schedule and seeing all the pictures, especially the ones with her and Price George, I have a new found respect for Catherine. You can definitely call me her fan now!!

By the way, my favorite place to follow the tour was a blog called Duchess Kate. Every day it was updated with not only all the events and pictures, but it gave a rundown on what she was wearing, who designed it, and where to get it! I highly recommend it to anyone who is curious about HRH Duchess of Cambridge.


No comments: