Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

April Showers Nail Art

I'm pretty proud of this nail design.

Yesterday was a rainy day, so I did my nails a day early and realized how appropriate it was to the weather.



French tips done with two coats of Wet 'N' Wild Wild Shine 443D Bijou Blue using Nailene Perfect Tips French Polish Guides. Then I painted one coat of Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear 180 Disco Ball. 

To get the glitter fade I painted one coat of A'dor Beauty Supply Tears of an Angel over the top 3/4 of my nails.

The stickers I use to get the curved line for a French Tip tend to peel up any polish underneath, so this look has no base coat. I did do one layer of OPI Top Coat, but I think I'll probably add at least one more for durability.


I'm really pleased with myself for this look. I've been looking at lots of nail art on Pinterest, and I think this looks at least as good as most of the professional stuff I've seen! Not to toot my own horn or anything. Oh, and my right hand looks just as good as my left!!

I think I'm going to do a similar look for my daughter later today, if I can pin her down! If I manage I'll be sure to post more pictures.

No comments: