Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Leela

I know it's been a very long time since I posted.

My dog, Leela, died on October 27th.

It was cancer, and it came on very quickly. She was not keeping food down for a few weeks and then the next thing I know the vet is saying there's nothing to be done.

It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, making the decision to put her down. I guess that means I've had a pretty easy life, but that didn't make it any less heartbreaking.

I couldn't just post normal stuff here without mentioning it somehow, and I am just now able to write about it (or even think about writing it) without turning into a sobbing mess. So here it is, almost seven months later and my blog has been seriously neglected.

Leela was the best. I know everyone thinks their dog is the best, but for me... Leela really was the best.

She was my constant companion for more than five years. She was sweet and calm, and she is missed every single day.

















A few weeks after Leela died I got a rebound dog. Her name is Luna and she's a purebred Maltese. I adopted her through a local animal rescue, Purrfect Pawprints. She's sweet, and she's helped me get through losing Leela. She's almost six years old, and she likes to cuddle. She also likes to poo in the laundry room, but we're working on that.

She's no Leela, but I still like her.






No comments: