Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Craftiness

I haven't forgotten about my blog! I haven't been lost, I've been busy!

Okay, I admit that last week I wasn't feeling very well so I went light on the posting. I was a little lazy.

I relaxing on the couch, trying to feel better, binge watching Netflix, and playing on the internet. Mostly Pinterest... as usual...

Then I came across a thread on Craftster. All about Harry Potter.

If you've been paying attention you'll know that I love Harry Potter. I have read all the books over and over, I've literally lost count of how many times. I've seen all the movies; first in the theater, then at home on DVD. I'm on Pottermore, proudly sorted in to Ravenclaw. I read the fan fiction. I named my cat Molly because my husband wouldn't go for Minerva. My kids and I all have wands. I've finished all the levels on Lego Harry Potter, all the years. I even won a trivia contest once.

I love Harry Potter.

So when I came across this thread on Craftster I got excited. Really excited.

It's all of my favorite things. The internet. Crafting. Harry Potter.

Photo taken from pinkleo and the Harry Potter Craftalong on Craftster


Basically it's Hogwarts. There are all the classes, each giving me an inspiration for crafting. Alchemy is all about peacocks. (You know how I feel about those!) Astronomy is focused on the Summer Night Sky. Care of Magical Creatures is about the Jobberknoll, so the craft needs to be blue or feathered. They go on like that.

Seriously cool! The wheels in my head are totally spinning. I have so many ideas!!

When you've finished a "class" you earn a badge and points for your house. I am way, way too excited about those badges.

I only have a month before this "semester" ends, then a new one will start with new inspirations.

I started two different projects over the weekend. This post is long enough for today, so I'll go into more details later. I'm really excited though, so stay tuned for more fun!

No comments: