Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Champagne Nails and a haircut.

My last manicure chipped, so instead of a Sunday manicure I had one on Friday.

I actually took the nail polish off on Wednesday and just painted my nails with two coats of OPI Natural Nail Strengthener. I just couldn't decide what to do this time. There are so many ideas buzzing around in my head but nothing seemed right.

Turns out I was waiting for a reason! My May Ipsy bag came on Friday and included a bottle of Nailtini Lacquer in Champagne. Talk about serendipity!

Two coats of OPI Natural Nail Strengthener and two coats of Nailtini Lacquer in Champagne


I really like the Nailtini Lacquer, but I'm not sure how I feel about the color. Sometimes I think I like it, then I see it in a different light and I'm not so sure. It's a pretty shade of copper-y beige, with a pearl glimmer. I just don't know if I like it on me. Feel free to let me know how you think it looks, I'd love some honest feedback.



There is another thing I'm not sure how I feel about.

I had my hair cut on Tuesday. I wanted to go much shorter for summer. I took a few ideas into the stylist, told him I wasn't afraid of going short, and then told him to do whatever he wanted.

It looked great when he was done, after he blow dried and styled it. I totally loved it.
The after pictures were taken by Joshua, the super talented stylist who came up with this look.


I did a little tweaking in the car and liked it even more.





But now that I've had it for a few days I'm not sure how I feel about it. I wore it today with no product in it at all and that's clearly not something I can do.


Eric told me it looks like something bad happened to my head, "Something that wasn't supposed to happen." Shanon said it looks like something from the 80's a la Cyndi Lauper. It's definitely much spikier when I don't have stuff in it.

I'm thinking it's a little more avant-garde than I'm used to. As it stands right now, I think I'm going to grow it out for a while and then go in for a simple pixie cut. Then again, I'm also considering dying it light blue with dark blue accents.... I do know I need more time to play with it, so don't be surprised if I post more pathetic selfies!

No comments: