Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Sparkle Nails

For unknown reasons I got bored with the pink dotted nails rather quickly, so I took that polish off and did this new look last Thursday. My allergies have been making me miserable, so I'm just now getting around to posting about it. This picture was taken today.




I did a base coat on these french tips. Last time I skipped it because the Nailene Perfect Tips pull the bottom polish off. I noticed a big difference in the quality of the overall manicure, however, so I went ahead with a base this time as an experiment. The stickers did pull up the base coat, but only on a couple of nails. I think I need to do a little more experimentation to see what it is that causes the damage. I really like the look of french tips, but I want to use different polishes without having the stickers peel up the base color.


The tips were done with one thick coat of Sinful Colors 112 Tokyo Pearl. The glitter is a personal favorite, Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear 180 Disco Ball. It's a great holographic glitter with lots of different sparkly colors. It kind of reminds me of Aurora Borealis Swarovski crystals, my favorite color of the Swarovski bunch. I followed up with two coats of my OPI Top Coat for good measure.

The glitter polish had kind of a weird reaction on the white tips. It almost looks like it caused dimples. I'm not sure if it's a trick of light from the glitter, or if it actually made divots in the polish. Either way, it's kind of an interesting texture.


No comments: