Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Ipsy

I mentioned in the first post I did about my nail addiction that I signed up for Ipsy, this is the post where I get to tell you all about it. (In the spirit of full disclosure, if you click on that link and sign up for Ipsy then I get points towards free stuff. That doesn't color my opinions at all.)

I know it's been a long time coming, but I wanted to get a few months in. I wanted to be sure that I really do love it and that it wasn't some kind of fluke the first couple of times.

I love it!!

As I said before, Ipsy is a subscription service that sends out beauty products in a cute bag every month for a flat rate of $10.

Ten dollars is totally worth it. They don't cheap out on the products. Some of them are trial size, but even the smallest container of product that I've gotten is enough for many uses. A lot of the stuff I've been getting is full sized products. Some of these full sized products are worth more than the price I pay for the whole bag! For example, in my May bag I received a full size bottle of Nailtini polish (which I already blogged about) I was curious, so I looked it up and found that it sells for $13 a bottle and that doesn't even include the shipping.

I don't wear a lot of make up, but I do enjoy it. Even if I didn't wear make up at all I'd still love Ipsy. In addition to the make up and nail polish, I've been shipped hair supplies, sunscreen, moisturizer, a mud mask, and even a make up brush.

Here's the break down of the four months I've been subscribed and everything I've been sent! (Quick note: I was cleaning up my Google Drive and accidentally deleted a bunch of my pictures. I had to recreate March, April, and May. The pictures aren't as good, and some of the products look used because I've been using them!)

February:




A cute pink bag containing: POP Beauty Plump Pout Mini in Fuchsia Freesia (Love it!), skyn ICELAND Fresh Start Mask with Ice Age Mud (haven't used it yet), City Color Be Matte Blush in Fresh Melon (also haven't tried it yet), Zoya Nail Polish in Odetta (used it and liked it a lot!!), and a pair of J. Cat Beauty Eyelashes and Eyelash Glue (Used them with mixed results. The product is great, my technique... not so much!).

March:



This bag was made by an artist especially for Ipsy and is a representation of city streets. I've been carrying it around as a wallet, I totally adore it. It held: Pixi Beauty Flawless Beauty Primer (used it once, didn't notice much difference), bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Get Ready (LOVE IT!! This tube has lived in my purse. It's tiny, but perfect!), NYX Love in Rio Eye Shadow trio in Segredos de Giselle (Also love and used many times!), and Chella Indigo Blue Eyeliner (used it and thought it was cool, but not for every day).

April:



Betty totally called dibs on this bag. A rock and roll theme was right up her alley! I kept the fun stuff inside: Big Sexy Hair Root Pump Volumizing Spray Mousse, Starlooks Luscious Longwear Lip Pencil in Naked, Elizabeth Mott pop! goes the shadow in Champagne, Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion, and Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil travel size in Black Velvet. (I haven't used any of this stuff yet, but I'm looking forward to it all!)

May:



This leafy bag had fun stuff that's making me long for sun and sand: Hang Ten Classic Sport SPF 50 sunscreen, Pacifica Mineral Eye Shadow Duo in Moonbeam and Unicorn, Nailtini Straight Up Color Nail Lacquer in Champagne (already blogged about this one!), Pur~lisse Pur~Moist Hydra Balance Moisturizer, and a Crown Brush Pro Blending Fluff Brush.

I'm having a lot of fun, every month is like Christmas! As you can see, I'm getting some really quality stuff for a really reasonable price.

No comments: