Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Six Kids

I have six kids in my house right now.  No, I didn't spontaneously give birth to triplets.  I volunteered to have my friend's kids over for a while while she did some Christmas shopping.  I only get the oldest three, she took her baby with her.  Darn it.  I was really hoping for some baby cuddles!

Things are going surprisingly well.  The oldest boy is good friends with my Josh and they are playing together happily.  Bethy and the middle boy are also playing together and so far it's been great.

The youngest is another boy who is just a bit older than Joey and they are like two peas in a pod.  They've been having an absolute blast with each other.  Things got a little quiet so I worried and went looking.  I found them playing with a couple of flashlights in a box that I would have sworn was way too small for two boys.  Somehow they made it work and had quite a time. So far, so good.  Knock on wood!

I made lunch for everybody.  It was so pretty I had to take a picture:

The cut off one on the far left is Bethy's Gluten Free Sandwich.

I feel like Martha Freakin' Stewart.  Six nutritious lunches and I didn't even break a sweat.  I've already cleaned up the mess too.  Gape in awe at my amazing-ness.

Everything went so well I was able to finish my latest project.  It's yet another scarf.  Here's a quick picture to tease you, I'm going to type up the pattern for another post.



I knew I'd have a house full today, so I went for comfort over fashion again in my Dressember outfit:


The skirt I'm wearing today is actually a dress.  It's the same as the blue one I wore on Dressember Eleventh, I bought them both at the same time.  On clearance at Wal-Mart.  For a store I hate I sure have a lot of clothes from there.  The long sleeved T-shirt is from Old Navy.  I can't remember if it was on sale, but I'm pretty sure it was.  The boots you've all seen before, and I'm not wearing any accessories.  Sorry, it's pretty boring today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always feel like I have it more together when i have "extra" ids over, too! That still doesn't mean I like to do it very often. ;)